Our consultants specialize exclusively in each service we provide. Those that perform the Inpatient and Outpatient Mentoring are all HIM Department professionals (RHIA, RHIT,CCS, PCS) and Certified AHIMA Approved ICD-10 CM/PCS Trainers with a minimum of ten years of coding experience prior to joining PPS.
We are pleased to provide a mentoring service for coders that have completed the new ICD-10 training. PPS will provide an on-site ICD-10 Coder/Instructor to be a mentor to your new trainees, and to provide coding assistance and oversight. The mentors will review the work of the coder, provide feedback, and education as necessary.
PPS can provide an on-site(or virtual) ICD-10 Coder/Instructor to be a mentor to your new trainees, and to provide coding assistance and oversight. Working side-by-side with your coders, the mentors will review their ICD-10 coding, and provide immediate feedback and education as necessary.
- Meet productivity and accuracy goals quicker
- An audit process to ensure compliant coding and documentation under ICD-10 and billing
- Measurement of coding acumen
- Review physician documentation
- Daily education sessions for coders based upon cases audited for improvement of coding and documentation
- Preparation of Action Items
- Design documentation tools for doctors
- Measurement to identify insufficient or inconclusive documentation for actual changes in the Case Mix Index
- Independent audit by a third party
- HIM professionals provide education
- We have experience providing education to physicians and coding/billing staff
All personnel are ICD-10 Certified Trainers, RHIAs, RHITs or CCSs with 10 years coding experience before working with PPS.